Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

6.03.2007

Damn 90's R&B, what's UP?!?!


I wanna love like that. I wanna baby girl like you. Ooh come to me... love me over and over.

Y'all remember Tony Thompson of the group Hi-Five, right? Well, it's being reported that he was found dead outside of an apt complex in Waco, TX on June 1st. The cause of death is unknown right now, but is suspected to be from drug overdose.

While very sad, this also got me to thinking about the 90s R&B artists that we either havent heard from in FOREVER or we hear only bad things about lately. I mean, really... for a genre of music that most of us look back on with such love and enjoyment, these people have had it bad y'all! How come the artists who gave us such hits as "Every Little Step I Take," "Forever My Lady," and "Can We Talk" are on such hard times now? I mean, where's Shai or H-Town or Jade or Brownstone? What about Adina Howard and Zhane, Monifah or Michel'le, even Soul 4 Real??? Hmmm, maybe it's cuz when they do try to rebuild their career and go on tour, they charge ridiculous prices for the concert... I'm talking to you, New Edition and K-ci and Jo-Jo. Trynna give me a N.E. Heartbreak with your $75 prices!!!
Alright y'all, pour out a lil something for the 90s R&B singers out there... and R.I.P. Tony.

Oh T.E.V.I.N. is that you???


K-ci and Jo-Jo... I dont even know if this is then or now! Sad..lol

Bobby, is that you??? Damn, I guess that gap is your prerogative.

Where y'all at Boyz II Men?!?!

I couldnt even FIND a pic of the group Subway! I know y'all remember "This lil Game We Play." Somebody help these men out y'all... I got your back! Just not for $75... N.E. y'all trippin!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charreah said...

LOL @ subway no pic. That was the song. Maybe there's a pic of them on All That;)

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home