The truth is...
At work, we had the teens write out a list of truths for themselves that they normally would not admit to just anyone. It was amazing to see the breakthrough many of them had. The ones who decided they wanted to share their truths to the group inspired tears, cheers, and admiration for their honesty and their reflections. So I figured if teens could be brave enough to vulnerable in front of each other, I could do the same in front of you. Anyway, enough back story... here's my list in no particular order.
The truth is....
1. I love my job, but part of that is because nothing about it scares me; and while I am so excited to finally get into the magazine business, I am also frightened by the possibility of failure.
2. I pray that my sisters dont make the same mistakes in love that I did.
3. I flirt A LOT, but its to hide my insecurities. Probably the same reason why I'm so sarcastic.
4. There was a time a couple years ago when I didnt like anything about myself. I NEVER want to go back there.
5. I love my parents, but I am scared that I will end up in a relationship like theirs.
6. I really want that job, but I really dont think they want me.
7. It seems that the closer I get to realizing my dreams, the more and more nervous I become.
8. I miss you soooo much, but I know I'm better off without you.
9. I question whether I made the right decision concerning grad schools.
10. I buy shoes because clothes can be depressing at times.
11. My indecision and stubbornness get me into more trouble than is necessary.
12. I wonder how different things would be if March 7th had never happened.
13. I hold back tears everytime people get into discussions about Katrina and/or New Orleans around me.
14. I want a stronger relationship with God. I am working on it, but I wonder if I'm doing enough.
15. You've jaded me to the point that I dont even enjoy the happiness of a new relationship because I'm wondering when the bad will come.
16. I wonder if I'll be able to do both: be successful in my career and have a happy family.
17. I want to raise my kids in New Orleans, but I dont know how realistic that is.
18. My brother and I have worked hard to be close, but I wish we were closer.
19. I'm going to deeply miss the kids, co-workers, and bosses I work with when I have to leave.
20. If I dont finish at least one of my 4 books that I've started on by the end of this year, I'm not sure if they will ever be finished.
21. Despite all my doubts, I'm so much happier than I was 2 years ago, it's ridiculous to even think about it. I guess thats progress. :)
Alright, now if you've made it this far down, you might as well take a second to think of some truths for yourself. As we told the kids, the thing about the truth is that it may hurt at first, but thats just it working to bring you closer to actualizing your potential. Have fun! :)
The truth is....
1. I love my job, but part of that is because nothing about it scares me; and while I am so excited to finally get into the magazine business, I am also frightened by the possibility of failure.
2. I pray that my sisters dont make the same mistakes in love that I did.
3. I flirt A LOT, but its to hide my insecurities. Probably the same reason why I'm so sarcastic.
4. There was a time a couple years ago when I didnt like anything about myself. I NEVER want to go back there.
5. I love my parents, but I am scared that I will end up in a relationship like theirs.
6. I really want that job, but I really dont think they want me.
7. It seems that the closer I get to realizing my dreams, the more and more nervous I become.
8. I miss you soooo much, but I know I'm better off without you.
9. I question whether I made the right decision concerning grad schools.
10. I buy shoes because clothes can be depressing at times.
11. My indecision and stubbornness get me into more trouble than is necessary.
12. I wonder how different things would be if March 7th had never happened.
13. I hold back tears everytime people get into discussions about Katrina and/or New Orleans around me.
14. I want a stronger relationship with God. I am working on it, but I wonder if I'm doing enough.
15. You've jaded me to the point that I dont even enjoy the happiness of a new relationship because I'm wondering when the bad will come.
16. I wonder if I'll be able to do both: be successful in my career and have a happy family.
17. I want to raise my kids in New Orleans, but I dont know how realistic that is.
18. My brother and I have worked hard to be close, but I wish we were closer.
19. I'm going to deeply miss the kids, co-workers, and bosses I work with when I have to leave.
20. If I dont finish at least one of my 4 books that I've started on by the end of this year, I'm not sure if they will ever be finished.
21. Despite all my doubts, I'm so much happier than I was 2 years ago, it's ridiculous to even think about it. I guess thats progress. :)
Alright, now if you've made it this far down, you might as well take a second to think of some truths for yourself. As we told the kids, the thing about the truth is that it may hurt at first, but thats just it working to bring you closer to actualizing your potential. Have fun! :)


4 Comments:
@10....how many shoes do you have?
waaaay too many! lol. I recently bought two shoe organizers that hold 20 pairs each, and my closet floor is still filled. Its ridiculous!
So . . . per our e-mail conversation, here are my 21 truths (it's long). . . like I said, names have been changed to protect the innocent and me (sort-of):
1. I don't know who I am without him and that terrifies me.
2. I really, really love my job. I really, really hate the people I work for.
3. Sometimes I pretend to be better with money than I really am.
4. Most of my friends don't know I've had a miscarriage and none of them know I want for that baby every day.
5. The better I'm dressed, the worse I feel.
6. I pretty much faked every ounce of confidence I had until a few years ago when it became real.
7. I still think my parents are invincible.
8. Sometimes I think if I didn't try so hard to be good my brother wouldn't be so bad.
9. When I tell another female she's pretty I actually mean it.
10. My jealousy is ruining the best relationship I've ever had.
11. I say I want him to be happy regardless - but I really only mean with me.
12. Not wanting kids really is a deal breaker.
13. I want to sell my house and rent for another 5 years - for me, homeownership was a big mistake.
14. I've never felt so alone in my life.
15. I'm not ever sure I like me as a person.
16. I'm ok with not being a part of that organization; even if it took four years to get here.
17. If I could do one thing over, I'd never turn my back on CSS - that was friendship at it's finest
18. My family is better than your family
19. I'm not scared of failure . . . I'm scared b/c it doesn't scare me.
20. I'm really starting to enjoy how I look in a mirror.
21. Kiss me and I'll kiss you back.
oh, you brave, brave soul...i don't know if i'm ready to realize my truths to myself or anybody else!! hahaha... ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home