Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

3.02.2006

Musical Me...

Lifted this from another blog... I thought it was pretty cool. Feel free to pass on!

1) A favorite political track.
Keep Ya Head Up... Tupac Amaru Shakur

2) One of those tracks that make you dance on the dancefloor no matter what.
Stilletos, Pumps... Crime Mob

3) The song you’d use to tell someone you love them.
Makes Me Whole... Amel Larrieux
Cause I Love You... Lenny Williams

4) A song that has made you sit down and analyze it’s lyrics.
Silly... Denise Williams
Man I Miss My Dawgs... Lil' Wayne


5) A song that you like, that a two year old would like as well.
The song goes: "My grandma and your grandma was sitting by the fire. My grandma told your grandma, I'm gonna set your ass on fire. Talking bout eh na, eh na, iko, iko unday. Jockamo feeno ai nané. Jockamo fee nané. "

And the other song goes... "I went to the Audubon zoo and they all asked for, yeah they all asked for you, well they even inquired about you. I went to the Audubon zoo and they all asked for you, they all asked for you, well they really inquired about you."

6) A song that gives you an energy boost.
Push It... Salt N Pepa
Stop, Pause... DJ Jubilee (well anything from him, actually)
actually anything from New Orleans, especially Carnival music... who likes to second line!?

7) A song that you and your grandparents (would probably) like.
Mama... Boyz II Men
A Song For You... Donny Hathaway
Greatest Love of All/ Saving All My Love for you/ My name is not Susan.. Whitney Houston

8) A song that you really liked when you were 14-16, and still really like now.
Smoking that weed, smoking that fire... Lady Red
Blackberry Molasses... Mista
Makavelli... Tupac
Always Be My Baby... Mariah Carey

9) A sad song that would be in the soundtrack of the movie about your life.
Because of You - Kelly Clarkson
I Can't Sleep... R. Kelly
How Could An Angel Break My Heart... Toni Braxton

10) A peppy song that would start the opening credits of the movie about your life.
Gigolo... Nick Cannon
Independent Women (the remix)... Destiny's Child
Oh I think they Like Me... Dem Franchise Boyz

11) A good song from a genre of music that no one would guess that you liked.
Unanswered Prayers... Garth Brooks
anything Green Day or Aerosmith (early 90s)

12) A song that you think should have been playing when you were born.
Hero... Mariah Carey

13) A favorite artist duo collaboration.
Fire and Desire... Tina Marie and Rick James
You are so Beautiful to Me... the Patti LaBelle and Jo Cocker (or Crocker?) version

14) A favorite song that you completely disagree with (politically, morally, commonsensically, religiously etc.)
Slob on My Knob
Let Me See It
Monkey on a Stick
(I mean, let's be real... any southern music)

15) The song that you like despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it.
Oh na na.. Lil' Jon
Fresh Azimiz... Bow Wow

16) Your smooth song, for relaxing.
Kind of Blue... Miles Davis

16a) Favorite Song to Bone to.
Imagine That... R. Kelly (the guitar solo... wooo!)
many songs from Usher's Confessions Cd... ahh hell, just put the whole cd on...lol
Summer Rain... Carl Thomas

17) A song you would send to someone you hate or are mad at.
I hate you so much right now... Kelis, fitting right?

18) A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group.”
I don't know if these are considered super groups, but here goes...
Have A Very Merry Christmas... TLC
Free Your Mind... Envogue
Weak... SWV

19) A song that makes you reminisce about good times with a family member.
I have a whole album... Jackson Five Christmas Album

20) Your favorite song at this moment in time.
too many to name, sorry

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because I can't say it enough . . . That is REALLY, REALLY gross

2:52 PM  
Blogger T Dot said...

"Slob on my knob, like corn on the cob. Check in with me and do your job." (doing the wack Edward dance with the serious face)

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home