Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

1.13.2008

Mojito Saturdays...

= PERFECT SIMPLICITY.

You know what the best thing is about seeeing friends you havent seen in awhile? Once y'all finally hang out, you have the greatest time catching up, telling old stories, and remembering just why you love those people in the first place.

This Saturday night, me, my friend- soulmate C-Murder, and my brother Shortfuse hung out, watched the movie, Knocked Up, watched Martin You So Crazy, listened to the clip of Jamie Foxx and Karrine Stephans on the radio, and talked and talked and talked... and drank mojitos. It was one of those serene nights where everything just feels natural, normal, and how its supposed to be. Me and my people hanging out.

We'd talk, take a lil sip, laugh, take a lil sip, joke around, take a lil sip... and while the mojitos werent really the focus of the evening, they sort of acted as a punctuation to everything we did. And it made me realize just how simple things can be when you let them be. You see, Shortfuse and I werent supposed to get this close, we met through a mutual friend and once that mutual friendship was over, I was unsure of whether we should continue ours. So glad he set me straight then, because I dont know where I would be without him... and as I looked across the table a couple times, thats all I kept thinking about.

C-Murder and I were also not supposed to be as close, because we met through mutual friends as well, but we were both closer to the mutual friend at the time and now are eons closer to each other. She's my calming spirit who stops me from doing stupid things quite often.

And here we all were, hanging in the living room.. drinking mojitos, feeling good, feeling fine. We didnt talk about sad things, we didnt talk about complication, we didnt even talk about jobs or school or responsibilities. We just had fun. And I didnt want it to end. Eventually, I knew Shortfuse would have to go back to Philly and C-Murder would have to go back to working hard at her job, and I'd be left all alone missing my people... putting the glasses from the mojitos into the dishwasher and heading to bed.

And thats exactly how it went, but for one brief moment, a couple hours on a Saturday night, I enjoyed being simple with a couple really great friends... and all was well. Hooray for Mojito Saturdays, this one was one of the best in a long time! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know i was totally confused when you said "c-murder"!! i'm thinking, now i know they're sorta from 'round the same parts and all, but this dude came in town to hang out and drink mojitos?? hahaha... seemed like a very un-c-murderish thing to do! haha! :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Darby said...

ha ha ha! thats pretty funny... I dont think he can actually leave the state of Louisiana right now, but even if he could, I dont think he'd be joining me for Mojitos :)

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home