Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

2.05.2008

Mardi Gras AND Super Tuesday!!!

Well, well, well. Today is a great day for TWO reasons!!! It is in fact Mardi Gras Day, the culmination of the Carnival Season in New Orleans and the last day before Ash Wednesday and Lent.... but it's also Super Tuesday, the day 24 states make decisions about who they want to run for the Democrat and Republican candidates for President.

So while I'm watching my shows, flipping back and forth between CNN to see how the predictions are going, I'll also be reminiscing on good times when I could be home going to masquerade balls, hanging out with friends for the parades or even riding in some parades... seeing my sisters march in the parades and a whole host of other great things that come with Mardi Gras.

Its actually like a double excellent day for me!!! It reminds me of home (and we all know I'm a homer), but its also a very political day (and I'm such the political junkie!).

Here are two links I think you guys should check out. One for each occassion...

1. For an article on how I feel about the Carnival Season, check out this one: http://dbaham.wordpress.com/2007/10/01/respect-the-culture-not-just-the-fun/

2. Here's a link to an open letter sent to Hilary and Barack asking them about their policies and plans on specific issues. It also has both of their responses. http://hsan.org/Content/Home.aspx?PageId=276

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home