I am WOMAN....

... hear me roar!
So for the past couple weeks, I have been a furniture building, box-moving, re-organizing rooms machine! First, it started with CJ getting her first apartment (wooo hooo!). Since it was her first place, furniture of course needed to be bought and where else did she go but the incomparable Wal-Mart and the dangerously seductive IKEA.
We lucked up and found the treasure of all treasures: a 5 piece dining room set for $100 at Wal-Mart for her and a $40 desk for me. But of course, these things had to be built, along with her dresser, coffee table, and bookcases from IKEA. But never fear, us women (and a few strapping men) were up for the challenge. We were able to build all of her furniture in one day and she set about putting everything in its place (to which I helped, sort of, in that I was suggesting ways in which certain things would work).
And then when it came time to build my desk and put together the file cabinet she gave me, I realized I needed to go ahead and re-organize my entire room, closet, bathroom set up while I was at it. I still have the closet to do, since I'm waiting on some of the closet organizers to come in... but let me tell you, my room is so much cleaner and whatever the best word for no longer having papers all over the place is, lol. My dad's been telling me to get a desk for the past 3 years, and I kept saying how I didnt have room for one. Well, I made room and I soooo should have listened to him 3 years ago. I feel like my room is a new woman... so I guess she should be roaring as well. lol
Now the closet... oh boy, I have a feeling thats really going to be a task seeing as though right now, I have a walk-in closet whose floor you cant even see, and my goal is to throw away half of whats in there and organize the other half. Basically I just blew my whole next weekend. lol
But once done, it'll be sooo great! I might even have to put pictures up so you can see what an accomplishment I've made. I would do before and after, but that would just be embarrassing. So just imagine a tornado blowing through your apartment room and closet, not tearing up anything, but just managing to throw everything ever created around... that's my BEFORE. lol In conclusion, I've managed to be more stereotypically manly and womanly in the last 2 weekends than I thought was possible lol. Wielding tools (power ones, even!) and cleaning house! You can't beat that fellas! (wink, wink) LOL


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home