Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

3.20.2008

I need a car...


Bag Lady, you gon get hurt your back
Dragging all them bags like that
I guess nobody ever told you
All you must hold on to
Is you, is you, is you....

~Erykah Badu

Um.... so yeah, I need a car. Like ASAP. Please take a look at this lady, because this is how I probably looked this evening leaving Safeway, getting on the metro, and climbing into a cab once I got to my metro stop... and this is all so I could have some groceries at home!

Yes, ladies and gentleman... I looked like a freakin' bag lady! And this is not a one time occurrence. It happens every three or four weeks unless I feel like waiting for Peapod to deliver my groceries to me.

Oh but the fun doesnt stop there. Ask me when was the last time I went to my church? Let me tell you, it's been a minute. I've gone to CJ's church and I've watched my church service on the live webcast... but actually stepped foot in Reid Temple? Oh thats been awhile... and its all because I have no car and thus have to depend on others to do simple things like attend service.

For a city that claims to have one of the best subway systems in the country, I'm finding myself needing a car more and more, the older I get. I think its about that time guys... so if you see me driving a hooptie in the near future, please dont judge... it just means I'm on my way to church or the grocery store or some place just as important and not metro accessible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home