Spring Clean Up...

It's all CJ's fault. See, she just moved into her 1st apartment by herself in the beginning of April and we all were helping her build IKEA furniture, organize items, etc... and somewhere around 2 weeks ago, I got this bright idea that hey, I should re-organize my life (meaning my bedroom, closet, and bathroom).
It started out simple enough. We happened to come across a desk for a very cheap price at Wal-Mart and then she gave me a file cabinet she wasnt going to use again... and the next thing I knew I was buying out practically ALL of Target's storage section, rummaging through clothes, shoes, papers, books, and numerous other items in my closet, bedroom, and bathroom.
Problem is... for some reason I thought this little doohicky was going to last maybe 2 weeks. I've now packed 3 bags of clothes to give to 2 goodwill, a bag of 15 shoes to give away as well, thrown away numerous bags of trash and I AM NO WAY NEAR BEING DONE!
The good thing is with all of this re-organizing, I've come across some pretty cool items. A note I wrote to "my love"-- at the time (8 pages of a note, that is)... old pictures.... clothes I forgot I had, but absolutely LOVE... and for right now, the coolest thing... an old diary I found a couple years ago and had packed away when I moved into the apartment. It's a diary from my 1995/1996 years of life... meaning I was all of 12 and 13 while writing in this thing. Please feast upon some of the grand observations I had... LOL
April 21, 1995
Dear Diary,
well, today was just a typical day at Eisenhower if you dont include the dedication ceremony for our new playground. Only thing is, boys at my school are really starting to aggrevate me with this "give me your digits trash." You wont believe it, I'm actually, kinda, sorta friends with a guy. His name is Jarrett. He's pretty cool for a guy. Well, see ya later.
May 8, 1995
Well, seven more days its goin' to be my birthday. um, I'm 5 feet, I checked yesterday, and my size is 34-24-34, not bad huh? All I need is to get firm.
July 28, 1995
My momma's middle name has to be unfair. She says that I cant go by Crystal because she hardly ever sees me, in a way thats true, but when I do come, she either wants to take a nap (the WHOLE day) or go out. And what I'm saying is that the same thing is goin' to happen, so why not just let me have fun.
September 13, 1996
Tupac died today at 4:03 pm! Scary huh?
Okay, these were just some of the shorter ones... but wow! After reading through this thing, I just kept thinking... boy, what I would give to be able to go back in time and tell my 12/13 yr old self what things she shouldnt concern herself with, etc... Just wow... it's amazing how much you change AND how much you stay the same in a matter of 12, 13 years.


1 Comments:
i feel you on the spring cleaning... every season i go through all of my crap (read: clothes and shoes i never wear and will never wear) and donate bags and bags of junk. for some strange feeling it always feels like a huge weight has been lifted once i unload that stuff on salvation army. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home