Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

8.08.2006

RIP Betsy...

Well, it finally happened. On Saturday, July 29th she started to get sick and on Monday, she was put to rest. Many may say that she lasted long enough, giving us all five glorious years of vibrance, but I say she went too soon.

She's a reminder of days gone by when laptops came with floppy drives and CD drives; when flash drives were not the norm; when laptops weighed over 7 lbs and Windows 98 SE hadn't been discontinued yet. She did well, only getting really sick once when she had to be taken to the computer doctor to rid her of all the viruses found on the Howard network, but even after that, she still pressed on.

I'll never forget the day we found out the music that had calmed everyone's spirits had been the source of her original sickness, through Audio Galaxy and Kazaa; or the day she arrived and I had to lug her back to my freshman dorm in the Annex. Or how about the day she was officially named Betsy, mostly because she was a computer with an "old soul." Oh we had such wonderful times and she will most certainly be missed!

But alas (after God mercifully allowed me to retrieve all my files off of Betsy) I must bid her ado. I have entered into the dawn of new computers with duo processors and external hard drives. Although, no one has yet to give me a reasonable explanation for laptops no longer having floppy drives. NO ONE!

Now the only task is to name the new computer... any ideas??? Something snazzy, something fresh, and something with just the right amount of pizzazz since she's silver.

1 Comments:

Blogger T Dot said...

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust...

We'll miss you, Betsy.

Darbs, if I were you, I'd seriously consider getting an Apple. They're about the same amount as a PC these days and they're much cooler and designed to do the things we'd want to do with computers (Internet, pictures, music, etc.) I'm joining the Mac revolution. You should, too.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home