BEAUTY school dropout...
In the midst of all this posting 365 days and stuff, I realized that I hadnt done a beauty post in a VERY long time! Oh for shame? I know, no need to tell me!... I feel like Frenchie when she dropped out of beauty school in Grease, and thats never a good thing.





Alright, kiddies... thats it for today. Smooches :)
So to make up (yes I used the phrase on purpose... get it? yeah? ok, lol) for not posting about make-up in awhile, I'm taking this time to tell you guys about one of the most important parts about make-up. Cleaning your face first? Yeah, thats not it. Making sure the color works for you? Good one, but still not it.
Give up? Tossing it... One of the most important aspects of make-up is knowing when to chuck the deuces to your prized possessions. So I did some research for you guys, and so that you dont think I'm coming up with this junk on my own, these tips have been approved by All You Magazine and Marie Claire Magazine... so take it as truth.
Knowing when to give-up on your make-up:
Mascara
after 3 to 6 months (no later!)
that means even if its your HOT purple or pink funky color that you dont wear very often.... still gotta let it go like KeeKee Cole

why? Bacteria builds up on your brush and in the tube the longer you use it, and may eventually cause an eye infection
Eyeliner
after 6 months
I dont care if you sharpen it all the time and think you're getting rid of the bacteria, you're not.

Foundation
after 6 months
Trust me, I know this is a difficult one, mostly because foundation can be sooooo expensive, you don't want to keep buying more and more. Plus, once you've found your color, you dont want to take the chance they've stopped producing your favorite, right? Too bad, so sad, gotta do it.

Eye Shadow
after 9 to 12 months
What?! I have to throw away my eye shadow too?! C'mon... gimme a break here! Just what can I keep? Well, sorry dear.. this isnt in the keep category, although I wish it were. Kinda makes you regret those expensive MAC colors you buy.

why? Old shadows get chalky and difficult to apply when they're too old.
Blush
after 1-2 years
Now why can't this be the foundation time? I feel like blush is less expensive than foundation, but who am I, right?
why? The older it gets, the more difficult it is to blend and will look caked on. You dont want that, now do you?
Alright, kiddies... thats it for today. Smooches :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home