Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

2.10.2008

Temporary Blackout...


I HATE windstorms... or whatever that is we had today. I'm going to call it a windstorm, because the wind was absolutely ridiculous!!!! I heard it whooshing onto my window, causing the trees to lean... and then Blackness.

Well, not really complete blackness, because it was about 4:30pm, but the power went out and for someone who cant live without her tv and/ or the internet, it was utter blackness for me! As the time passed by, I decided to go about trying to do some things around the apartment.

I finally took down the decorations from the Mardi Gras party, read the Bible for about 40 minutes, text messaged best buddy from New Orleans, talked to C-Murder, and then kinda stared at the wall, layed around in the bed, got up and tried clothes on and found myself really really really bored. And after 6 hours of blackness, I realized I'm not good in silence and I dont feel right not multi-tasking. At one point, I even came up with the grand idea to shave my legs under candlelight with cold water, while on the phone.

Yeah, imagine how that went.

So anyway, finally glad that at 10:02pm, the power finally came on... in time for me to see the last hour of the Grammy's and attempt to write my post for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home