Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

3.06.2008

Embarrassing Moments...



So yesterday, American Idol's theme was all about embarrassing moments. All the contestants were reminiscing on their most embarrassing moment... and I sat there watching, and couldnt think of one. How sad is that, right? I mean, everyone has a most embarrassing moment.

I thought. And thought. And thought. Did I fall at graduation? Nope... even though my parents thought I was going to. Did I cut my crush's lips when I kissed with him braces? Nope, didnt do that either. Well maybe I passed gas at an inappropriate time or something and everyone heard... nope, that was never me.

Can you believe I was actually starting to get a little worried that either I had blocked out all of my embarrassing moments as some kind of defense mechanism or I hadnt lived fully enough to have an embarrassing moment?! Oh, but then they started coming to me...

You know, the time when I decided 1 week after being cleared by the doctor from my twisted or sprained ankle in the 8th grade (cant remember which ailment it was since I proceeded to get 2 of each in a whopping 2 yr time period), I went skating with some friends. I was decked out in my Fila tennis skirt, Fila athletic shirt that matched, and Fila socks... and called myself making some dramatic turn backwards... and flipped right on my lil tush, skirt in the air, ankle messed up again.

Or the time I called myself running down a hill at the park during a crawfish boil in high school and falling flat on my face, rolling down, instead of actually running down.... oh, and managing to land directly in front of my crush at the time.

Or maybe the time... well you get the point. I've had some, not too many, but some embarrassing moments. I guess the reason they didnt really come to me at first and neither do I consider any of them my "most embarrassing moment," is because I always just looked at them as part of life. None of them scarred me, and I actually thought they were pretty funny at the time. Still do, really.

So whats your most embarrassing moment? Or really, whats a moment where life just happened and you had a good laugh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home