Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

4.23.2008

I'm the Hula Hoop Champion of the WORLD!!!..


Okay... maybe of Temple Hills... okay, okay, okay... of my apartment complex.... of my friends???
Okay, I'll say of my friends who live in my apartment complex... I am the Hula Hoop Champion of those folks! Thats a big deal, right?! LOL

Anyway... let me tell you, if you remember a couple posts ago, I mentioned how I had recently purchased a 5 kb aerobics hula hoop, but the problem was that since I found out I couldnt hula or hoop, it really wasnt helping... Wellllllll.... last Friday morning at aproximately 7:15AM... I HULA HOOPED! For like 15 seconds at a time, like 6 times in a row!

It started out small. I was all energized from running on the treadmill and doing my weight training and said to myself, "self, you should really try to hula hoop again. No one's in here. You have enough room for it. Go for it. Go for it. Go!" And so I did. I positioned myself, legs spread out, right one slightly diagonally from the left, raised the hula hoop to right below my chest, swung it... and watched it drop to the ground after like 2 seconds.

But thats okay. I didnt give up. I said that I would get it to wrap around me at least once before I went back upstairs. So I tried again. And it stayed up there just a little bit longer. And so I tried again... this time, I made sure to remember some of the tips from my strip aerobics class and lo and behold... the danged thang stayed up there! And probably would have longer, except that my stomach started hurting... I mean, it is a 5 LB HULA HOOP AFTER ALL. lol

But it's just getting started ladies and gents! Who knows? By my bday, I might just have another lil side hustle going on. Hula Hoop instructor extraordinaire!!!! Thats ME!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erika McDaniel said...

It's the small victories in life :) Congrats on your big success!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

check you out... all hula hoopin'!!! i can imagine it's something that sounds really simple, but is probably hard as all get out... congrats to you for not letting the hoop defeat you!! haha...

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home