I have a problem...
God help me... I'm addicted to the internet. Not in some foul, oh she shouldnt be revealing that kind of stuff on her blog type of way, but still, it's a problem. First it was facebook (well, truthfully still is facebook). I made fun of it, said I didnt understand all the hype of it, said I had an account, but couldnt see myself stooping so low as to check it everyday. Well guess what? I check it everyday! I check it two and three times a day, luckily most times I have something new on there for me to view like a note or message or someone posting something silly on my wall, but on those rare occassions when I dont have anything new to look at, I get kinda sad. I'm not afraid to admit. I've endurred facebook melancholy. There's got to be something wrong with that... and what kind of world are we living in when it's okay for us all to be peeping toms or tomettes (cuz dont act like you cant spend hours on facebook looking through your friends' pictures, look up and realize you're looking at someone's pics that you dont even know, but they were linked to one of your friends in their picture, and you're trying to figure out how you have this much time on your hands when you feel sooo busy all the time). Okay, if that last statement doesnt apply to you, then um, act like I didnt say it, cuz you know, I'm not weird either.
So anyway, after facebook, it was myspace. Now, I promised I would not get into myspace like I did facebook. I figured it wouldnt be natural to be addicted to TWO sites that do basically the same damn thing. Well, for the most part, I've stayed true to the myspace rule, except that my lovely little sister and cousin like to send me notes on myspace, so then I have to go to the website to see what they wrote and somehow I end up searching the music pages and now Trey Songz is in my top 16! Oh no, I guess I'm not doing too well with my myspace rule, but at least it's only like once a week, okay maybe once every couple days... okay, I had a myspace crush at one point and at that time, I went on there like once a day... but no more, unh uh... not this girl!
Then came youtube! Oh youtube, youtube, youtube! What can you say about a website that has EVERYTHING on it. Okay, I will admit that I've gone on there to see ONE video where the song was stuck in my head all day and I wanted to see the damn video and all of a sudden, I've been on there for three hours watching everything from old Jodeci/Shai/Toni Braxton/Lil Wayne/(ah hell pretty much anyone) videos to watching the fake videos people put on there making fun of the real videos or catching a clip of a show that I missed or wanted to see again.
Then it was all my friends getting blogs and I felt like I needed to support them and read them and some of them are actually quite funny (lol) so you know those became apart of my internet surfing repetoire. Now, this wouldnt be that bad, except that everyone and their grandma seems to know how to post links to other blogs on their page but me and what ends up happenening is that I'll end up going to all these other blogs of these people I DO NOT know, but they're so funny/ insightful/ scary that you just keep going to them now and now you feel like you know these people even though if you saw them walking down the street you wouldnt take a second glance at them... cuz YOU DONT KNOW THEM!
Now, and I hesitate to admit this, but since I've thoroughly embarrassed myself thus far, might as well, right? I am in LOVE with the black celebrity gossip blogs. I never, never, never, ever, ever thought I would be, cuz as celebrity gossip goes, most times I could care less... but no sir-ey. I go from Concreteloop.com to Allhiphop.com to Young, Black, and Fabulous to who knows ( I'm telling you, it's those links from other people's pages). Oh and I cant forget my "mentor through the internet who has absolutely no idea how much she's inspired me," Tia Williams beauty blog.
How I'm doing all this and working, freelancing for magazines, and attending grad school you may ask? Well, its quite simple... I dont sleep (clearly it's 2:15 am and I'm blogging right now) and I dont have that cut buddy that says cutesy wootsey things to me. However, I'm certain that at some point, one of these addictions will have to suffer. I mean it has to, right? I got comps coming up.
So anyway, after facebook, it was myspace. Now, I promised I would not get into myspace like I did facebook. I figured it wouldnt be natural to be addicted to TWO sites that do basically the same damn thing. Well, for the most part, I've stayed true to the myspace rule, except that my lovely little sister and cousin like to send me notes on myspace, so then I have to go to the website to see what they wrote and somehow I end up searching the music pages and now Trey Songz is in my top 16! Oh no, I guess I'm not doing too well with my myspace rule, but at least it's only like once a week, okay maybe once every couple days... okay, I had a myspace crush at one point and at that time, I went on there like once a day... but no more, unh uh... not this girl!
Then came youtube! Oh youtube, youtube, youtube! What can you say about a website that has EVERYTHING on it. Okay, I will admit that I've gone on there to see ONE video where the song was stuck in my head all day and I wanted to see the damn video and all of a sudden, I've been on there for three hours watching everything from old Jodeci/Shai/Toni Braxton/Lil Wayne/(ah hell pretty much anyone) videos to watching the fake videos people put on there making fun of the real videos or catching a clip of a show that I missed or wanted to see again.
Then it was all my friends getting blogs and I felt like I needed to support them and read them and some of them are actually quite funny (lol) so you know those became apart of my internet surfing repetoire. Now, this wouldnt be that bad, except that everyone and their grandma seems to know how to post links to other blogs on their page but me and what ends up happenening is that I'll end up going to all these other blogs of these people I DO NOT know, but they're so funny/ insightful/ scary that you just keep going to them now and now you feel like you know these people even though if you saw them walking down the street you wouldnt take a second glance at them... cuz YOU DONT KNOW THEM!
Now, and I hesitate to admit this, but since I've thoroughly embarrassed myself thus far, might as well, right? I am in LOVE with the black celebrity gossip blogs. I never, never, never, ever, ever thought I would be, cuz as celebrity gossip goes, most times I could care less... but no sir-ey. I go from Concreteloop.com to Allhiphop.com to Young, Black, and Fabulous to who knows ( I'm telling you, it's those links from other people's pages). Oh and I cant forget my "mentor through the internet who has absolutely no idea how much she's inspired me," Tia Williams beauty blog.
How I'm doing all this and working, freelancing for magazines, and attending grad school you may ask? Well, its quite simple... I dont sleep (clearly it's 2:15 am and I'm blogging right now) and I dont have that cut buddy that says cutesy wootsey things to me. However, I'm certain that at some point, one of these addictions will have to suffer. I mean it has to, right? I got comps coming up.


3 Comments:
Wow Darby. Put the mouse down and step away from the computer. Now back away slowly...
Wait, now you know you have your internet addictions... dont even try to PLAY me!!!
I do, but I don't put them on blast! Gotta keep those things on the hush hush, QT, DL and the low down.
P.S. - I wrote a whole lot on your Facebook just now. I need to come to D.C. soon. In 2007. I was thinking for graduation, but possibly also before then so we can get some random nogoodery in while we still can. OOORRR (and I just thought of this), we can plan some Spring Break shenanigans together. Let me know what's up. This was a long P.S. Sorry bout that.
Post a Comment
<< Home