Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

9.09.2006

A lil Lagniappe...

A lil sumthin extra...

1. I got a new tattoo... it means destiny!

2. Every time I hear Sexy Love, I picture those dang pics on the internet of Ne-yo and his dancer! And why do I definitely recognize her from the concert... *shaking my head*

3. Why are Howard people so triflin'??? lol... E beezy recently pointed out to me that there are some notable alumni on Howard's wikipedia page that are neither alumni nor notable... come on people! Can we not show our asses all the time???

4. So I dont know how many gangsta points I lose for this (probably a LOT), but I really like the songs Trey Lorenz has on his myspace page... I've been playing them non-stop.

5. Recently on the metro, this guy came up to me and asked me a question, implying that he thought I was 15 or 16! When I responded, put off might I add, that "no, I'm not 15. I'm actually 23 and I work with 15 year olds," he replied, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didnt realize you were getting ready for retirement!".... um, I dont need SASS from the random dude on the metro!!!

6. Speaking of retirement... Jay-Z is a liar! That's all I have to say about that.

7. Speaking of liar's... I'm so over dumb politicians, aka George Bush, Jack Johnson, etc... (and yes I did lump those two together and yes I know I'm probably now being watched, but I've probably been being watched since I made the statement in class that I dont see how any Black person that's a Republican can look themselves in the mirror... need I mention the Michael Dukakis attack ads that were clearly racist... sorry, digression is a VERY bad habit).

Even more so than dumb politicians, however, I'm waaay over "older civil rights folks" who need to get a clue. Now, no disrespect, cuz we wouldnt be where we are right now without them, but I dont understand how you can call yourselves organizations working on behalf of black people and not take much stronger stands on issues such as education and the STD crisis in our community.
2 examples that have infuriated me in the past couple weeks:

1) the NAACP protesting New Orleans tearing down the projects to build mixed income housing, while also raising the Section 8 vouchers so that the people who lived in the Calliope (just an example) can afford to live in the new place. I'm sorry, I didnt know that we wanted to keep our people living in destitute situations. I guess I was mistaken.

2) Jesse Jackson endorsing Jack Johnson (a man who made the statement: "With respect to rapes, those are not cases where somebody is walking down the street and somebody grabbed them. These are boyfriend-girlfriend relationalship issues." And that's not a typo... he really said RELATIONALSHIP!!!) please refer back to statement about being over dumb politicians

8. And to end on a FESTIVE note (shout out Thelma!)... I just got a blackberry... look who's tryna be technologically savvy.

2 Comments:

Blogger T Dot said...

What??? A blackberry? I'm convinced those things are the devil because I'm sure I'd be on the Internet all day if I had one. But maybe I need one. Maybe I should look into that. Maybe I will. Dang, I have no willpower.

And where is this new tattoo, missy?

And I'mma need you not to be surprised that Howard people are trife. With the exception of you and a few others I know, I think it pretty much applies to the entire school, hon. Sorry.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Darby said...

Yeah, I'm definitely on it all the time now. Especially since I synched my yahoo email account to it, so I get a new message at least every 5 minutes. Really, I needed it for the organizer and calendar and stuff, but I can understand the temptation. Give in T Dot... ha ha ha, peer pressure like a mug! lol

And the new tattoo is on my wrist. It's real cute! You'll have to see it soon.

And I'mma (yeah, I said I'mma) need you to NOT be talking about my school like that, cuz you know Hampton folk are just as bad. lol...

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home