Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

2.09.2007

I do NOT vote KYS...


Let me set the mood for you. This Valentine's Day, DC's own WKYS is offering it's annual One Night Stand Concert at Love Night Club to all the single ladies wanting to do something on lovely February 14 or I guess for couples who want to go to a concert. At first glance, the idea sounds great! Tank's fine behind will be performing, and Robin Thicke will be crooning all the ladies with his melow moods.

And get this, the concert's totally and completely free! (and for all those thinking, well yeah a concert with those two should be free... you're completely forgetting how great the song Slowly was and you're underestimating the power of a Canadian who can croon.)

But of course, there's always a catch... you can only get the tickets from KYS. Sound simple enough, right????

Except that I found out the hard way exactly why I dont call into radio stations... get ready, ground breaking revalation here.... You get the daggon busy signal 99.8% of the time and then when the phone finally does ring, NO ONE PICKS UP THE PHONE!!!!

No lie... I literally walked around doing things in my apartment, chatted up folk on AIM, watched tv, and had my cordless phone on my left ear for an hour!!!! Just letting the phone ring. And ring. And ring. And ring. It got so bad at one point, I completely forgot that I was on the phone.

Needless to say, no luck. No one ever picked up and I officially felt like I had been enough of a loser after calling for an hour. I dont know how anyone has been able to get those danged tickets. But more power to those who have... they clearly deserve it!

Meanwhile, I'll just have to catch Tank on the streets in DC (he is from here).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home