I'm Darbalicious (Happy Early V-Day)...
I'm the D to the A to the R.B.Z. and can't no other lady put it down like me! I'm Darbalicious...
Way before Fergie decided to take the entire beat from J.J. Fad's Supersonic and come up with the very catchy Fergalicious, some of my girls were calling me Darbalicious as a joke and even had a little song with it using the music from the just as catchy commercial about gold fish. Check out my post, 101 Dalamations (January 2006) for evidence of such. (Sidebar: can someone show me how to make the word be a hyperlink... I'm clearly technologically inadequate).

Anyway, I've decided to use this divalicious attitude to help me celebrate this year's Valentine's Day! Last year was appropriately F-14 Day, where my roommate and I watched tv, ate cookies and ice cream and played around in our pjs, but this year is all about me doing things for the glamorous me. Shout out to Fergie again, I guess. As such, this is the list of things that are going to make me happy this Valentine's Day, 2007... and no, none of them include listening to "You are so beautiful" and hoping a certain someone calls me. I'm too FAB for that and for anyone who's thinking of doing something similar to that, you're waaaay to *insert name here*- ilicious for that as well.
Eat dinner at Benihana... can't beat good sushi! Not only is it my pookie's (as in my girl, Pimp C) favorite place to eat in DC, but the shrimp tempura is tasty without the fatty guilt that Italian food would probably give me the next day.

Watch Love Jones: the all-time best modern black romantic-comedy and officially my favorite movie. Lady Sings the Blues is a close second, but not appropriate for Valentine's... so Love Jones it is.

Paint the nails on my toes with the lovely design that I did on my hands. Black, with red and white polka dots. Try it, it's sooo cute! (disclaimer: these are not the brands I used)

And finally, partake in the smooth sounds of the latest cd that I made: you're welcome to steal the playlist for your own use. I just ask that I be credited with the vision. Oh and that you "wrap it up" if you use it for recreational purposes. That's all.
1. Brian McKnight Find Myself In you
2. Ginuwine So Anxious
3. Marques Houston Naked
4. Tank Slowly
5. Beyonce Speechless
6. Trey Songz In the Middle
7. Maxwell Til the Cops Come Knockin
8. R. Kelly Imagine That
9. Destiny's Child Cater 2 U
10. Usher Do it 2 Me
11. Ciara Promise
12. Janet Jackson Rope Burn
13/14. Prince Do Me Baby/International Lover
15/16. Floetry It's Getting Late/Lay Down
17. Anthony Hamilton Float
18. Ne-yo Mirror
19. Mariah Carey Beautiful Ones
20. Pretty Willie Lay Your Body Down
21. Boyz II Men I'll Make Love to You
22. 112 Sweet Love
23. D'Angelo Untitled (How Does it Feel)
24. Jamie Foxx Bed Springs
Enjoy your Valentine's Day! I know I will.
Way before Fergie decided to take the entire beat from J.J. Fad's Supersonic and come up with the very catchy Fergalicious, some of my girls were calling me Darbalicious as a joke and even had a little song with it using the music from the just as catchy commercial about gold fish. Check out my post, 101 Dalamations (January 2006) for evidence of such. (Sidebar: can someone show me how to make the word be a hyperlink... I'm clearly technologically inadequate).

Anyway, I've decided to use this divalicious attitude to help me celebrate this year's Valentine's Day! Last year was appropriately F-14 Day, where my roommate and I watched tv, ate cookies and ice cream and played around in our pjs, but this year is all about me doing things for the glamorous me. Shout out to Fergie again, I guess. As such, this is the list of things that are going to make me happy this Valentine's Day, 2007... and no, none of them include listening to "You are so beautiful" and hoping a certain someone calls me. I'm too FAB for that and for anyone who's thinking of doing something similar to that, you're waaaay to *insert name here*- ilicious for that as well.
Eat dinner at Benihana... can't beat good sushi! Not only is it my pookie's (as in my girl, Pimp C) favorite place to eat in DC, but the shrimp tempura is tasty without the fatty guilt that Italian food would probably give me the next day.

Watch Love Jones: the all-time best modern black romantic-comedy and officially my favorite movie. Lady Sings the Blues is a close second, but not appropriate for Valentine's... so Love Jones it is.

Paint the nails on my toes with the lovely design that I did on my hands. Black, with red and white polka dots. Try it, it's sooo cute! (disclaimer: these are not the brands I used)

And finally, partake in the smooth sounds of the latest cd that I made: you're welcome to steal the playlist for your own use. I just ask that I be credited with the vision. Oh and that you "wrap it up" if you use it for recreational purposes. That's all.
1. Brian McKnight Find Myself In you
2. Ginuwine So Anxious
3. Marques Houston Naked
4. Tank Slowly
5. Beyonce Speechless
6. Trey Songz In the Middle
7. Maxwell Til the Cops Come Knockin
8. R. Kelly Imagine That
9. Destiny's Child Cater 2 U
10. Usher Do it 2 Me
11. Ciara Promise
12. Janet Jackson Rope Burn
13/14. Prince Do Me Baby/International Lover
15/16. Floetry It's Getting Late/Lay Down
17. Anthony Hamilton Float
18. Ne-yo Mirror
19. Mariah Carey Beautiful Ones
20. Pretty Willie Lay Your Body Down
21. Boyz II Men I'll Make Love to You
22. 112 Sweet Love
23. D'Angelo Untitled (How Does it Feel)
24. Jamie Foxx Bed Springs
Enjoy your Valentine's Day! I know I will.


3 Comments:
Yay, Darbalicious! (I'll vouch for that nickname - you had it first!)
Um, I don't know what I'm doing for V-day. Probably going to work (actually, for sure going to work) and then coming home - maybe eating some chinese food out of a box.
You . . . Justin (I guess he should have a blog alias, so we'll go with J-Dub for now) . . .and that DAMN Imagine That song, uuuugggggggghhhhhhhhh!
P.S. You better recongnize who put you on to "Mirrors" by Ne-Yo. Happy V-Day Girlie!
She said wrap it. up.
For recreational purposes.
GAWD, Darby, I hate you. Lololol!
Post a Comment
<< Home