Destined 2 BE...

I finally decided to get on the blog bandwagon, realizing that it wasn't just a bunch of people putting their diaries on the world wide web. Anyhoo, this blog will probably be a mix of sarcasm, co-mo-dey, the ramblings of a pessimistic hopeless romantic (crazy, I know) and the journey of a journalist turned graduate student who wants to enjoy life and make a difference all while eating some beignets. They're the best thing ever! What can I say?

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY, United States

2.13.2008

Say it Aint SO!!!!

According to Theybf.com, the 8 season-running Girlfriends has been canceled from the CW network. I think we all kind of had the belief, or at least my friends and I did, that this would be the last season for the girls. For one, it's hard to recover from losing a core character in the show (ie. Tony Childs), but I think we all kind of felt that it was beginning to run its course.

However, we didnt think that the CW would so unceremoniously air 2 episodes in one night (this Monday if you like the rest of the world didnt know) and then announce that those were the VERY LAST EPISODES OF THE SHOW!!! That's right. No series finale for the highest rated show on the in UPN history. Now granted the show had fallen off since the merger of the networks, and granted my friends and I had started looking forward to The Game more than Girlfriends on Monday nights, but the fact still remains that they deserved much better than this. Much better.

What makes it even harder to take is that apparently plans were in the works to bring Jill Marie Jones (Tony Childs) back for a reunion/series finale type of episode but all that has been officially scrapped. Another thing that I didnt realize was that Girlfriends was only a season away from being the longest running African-American sitcom in HISTORY! Who knew?!?! I certainly didnt... but that just makes me that much madder! HBO wouldnt have done this to Sex and the City!!! Anyway, currently Girlfriends is tied with the Cosby Show and Mara Brock Akil (the creator and executive producer) was really wanting to make that ninth season happen.

To write or call DIRECTLY to the people who matter in order to express your disappointment and desire to have another season (or at least a proper finale):


President Of Entertainment (CW)Dawn Ostroff 818-977-2525
Director Of Current Programming (CW)Traci Blackwell 818-977-2537
President of CBS Paramount Network TVNancy Tellem 323-575-2380 mailto:323-575-2380nancy.tellem@tvc.cbs.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home