Wrap it Up...

Okay, I know I just talked about this the other day, but this week is National Safe Sex Awareness Week... so guess what? We're going to talk about it again! Whoo hooo!!! I know you're excited.
Really, in comemoration of this week... all of the posts for this week will be centered around this topic. Maybe just something to increase your knowledge about sex in our lives or maybe something to test you... we'll see.
Today though, I just wanted everyone to again make themselves aware of the severity of ALL the sexually transmitted infections out there. Yes, HIV is deadly... but trust me, some of these infections if untreated, can eventually lead to death or severe problems.
So just think about it for a second. How much do you REALLY know about the different sexually transmitted diseases? Can you name at least 10? (since there are hundreds) Do you know that often the infections are asymptomatic, esp in women? Did you know that condoms are really only 88% effective when calculating user error? Or how about the fact that flavored condoms should only be used for oral sex, not intercourse (they reduce the effectiveness when used in intercourse)? Or that there are finger condoms, dental dams, and many other ways that you can protect yourself?
Alright guys! Gear up!!! I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this week... I hope that you do too! (Oh and no I wont be putting up any of those pictures, I'm not trying to tramatize anyone this week.)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home